LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

Tariffs?..., page-4

1. 1,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1924
    After giving this some thought and reading Amanda's take off on tariffs and the trade war, I think that any result of tariffs and the trade war could be very positive...

Ask a guest at any cocktail party what they know about RE's and they will generally respond with very little. Just today I talked with a young mining engineer who was amazed by all of the characteristics and properties of RE's but he was not very familiar with the emergence of this new technology... The world need to know that it needs RE's...

I agree with the position that restricted RE access will damage the RE market as customers will see the supply unreliable and unpredictable. On the other hand I am a firm believer that the superior technology almost always dominates meaning RE's will be the technology of choice regardless of supply. In any event international attention highlighting the new "shortage" in this nascent technology could potentially cause investors to panic sending the share price much higher (IMO)...

Another thought... Serious international exposure revealing the green nature and international importance of LAMP may mitigate some of the negative feelings the new committee (Fuziah and Wong) may harbor towards Lynas. My guess is that Mahathir will be presented with a nice feather for his cap when it becomes known that the only other producer of RE's in the world is in his country. It would seem pretty strange to harass and attack the company and the very industry it is trying to attract...

Yes, international attention could be awesome...

Anyway, the article in the New York Times is the big leagues and you can bet the tech investors will get their arms around this... There could be some interesting share price action in the near future especially if China follows through with RE restrictions... JMHO...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.