TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Tassal Group Strategic Thoughts, page-120

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    Yea it makes sense from Tassal's point of view, and from what i understand of accounting rules.

My confusion is because i expected the prices reported by WB (or China customs) would include those extra freight charges due to our lockdown, that they would be reporting something like 'statutory' FOB price (if that is actually a thing) so its more useful when comparing with other countries.

I do realise the margin looks high, but i dont think anyone really appreciates what extraordinary conditions we are in, going back to Jan 2012 in WB data, the highest price was Sept 2014 which was $42.13 (35.7kt for A$1.5m) which i suspect might be bad data, or there must at least be an interesting story explaining it.
    2nd highest month price, was Sep'21 @A$16.50 (if China's prices matches WB price).
    3rd highest was Feb'19 @A$14.21
    4th highest was Aug'21 @A$13.98
    8th highest was July'21 @$13.27

These are historically significant export prices, each month this quarter has been good, its our peak period, and i havent gone back and checked the numbers, but our cost have reduced over recent years, it makes sense to me that we should be looking at one of our strongest ever results for export.

In practice i think it can be viewed that we are effectively passing on this freight charge to our customers due to the limited number of suppliers at this time of year.

Comparing average price by WB and China for H1 last year, there is negligible difference (half a percent).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.