TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

I agree with Dabozza that the share price is trading aimlessly....

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    I agree with Dabozza that the share price is trading aimlessly. Also, with his comment that two analysts are covering Tassal, however there is more knowledge in this forum. I guess that is part and parcel of investing in smaller cap companies. I too hope the reduced capex and increased sales will put Tassal in a better light when next year's profit results are released. In the meantime, I am sticking with my plan to continue re-investing dividends and to only top-up if the share price gets close to $3.00. The current share price is very close to my average purchase price.

To highlight the lack of understanding of Tassal, I recommend viewing yesterday's edition of ******'s The Call which features Motley Fool's Scott Phillips and another contributer I am not familiar with. This segment shows perfectly how the investment thesis of Tassal is skewed through low effort research. To summarise, neither contributer mentioned prawns, world salmon prices, the purchase of the Prosperpine land, or capex to fund growth. It was mentioned that if Tassal was going to grow it would have done so already.

They focus on lack of EPS growth, current dividend yield and P/E, low ROE, and the choice of Huon as a takeover target, meaning Huon was supposedly seen as a better business by smarter people who are in the know.

All they've done is look at a bunch of number on a website and gone no further. It was kind of embarassing how shallow and uninformed all three participants sounded. I won't post the link as HotCopper will censor it anyway.

TGR discussion starts at 17:50https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3780/3780172-decb7a8b5adf603d8574dda78af6b432.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.