TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Thanks for sharing that information @swaggytraderI recently...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Thanks for sharing that information @swaggytrader

I recently posted on the temperature range of Atlantic Salmon vs King Salmon when New Zealand King Salmon had the same issue - sea temperatures rising causing spikes in mortality. Petuna are up near Launceston where the waters are warmer than Tassal and Huon's operations down south. The water temperatures there are currently 19.8c, but spiked higher. In comparison, the water temperatures down south where most of the operations for Tassal are have come down from 19c by about 0.4c. Even as the Petuna article noted, the sea temperatures are starting to decline.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4067/4067709-e3857a2e3c1d137fb4547dd173fd2dc5.jpg

If Tassal had a large fish kill they would have to report it as per ASX rules. From what I can gather, they should be OK at least for now. As @McQuade said, I think there is a major difference between the quality of pens between Petuna and Tassal, as well as management decisions. Tassal were destocking both inventory and biomass since July. They have more flexibility among their pens, and also much larger storage capacities in their freezers to pull the biomass out of the water if real troubles exist. I'm still optimstic for 1H22 results.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.