TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Tassal Group Strategic Thoughts, page-393

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Interesting to read that report. Labelling is such an issue. Tassal's submission was that people would pay a premium for local sustainably sourced seafood, and I think they're right. Meanwhile, De Costi's prawns are still imported (I think from Vietnam - not labeled) and are competing against Tropic Co in Woolies and Metcash/IGA. Good luck for the average consumer to work that out from the disclosure of 'vannemai prawns'.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4077/4077766-5a9eeca43090d00ff483e60061f9006e.jpg

Meanwhile on the report and its recommendations, I think it's good for more research funding to put through FRDC. And it makes sense that the wildcatch and aquaculture streams of priorities/funding are separated (I think the Blue Economy CRC separates it). If backed by a grant mechanism as per the submissions, and improved planning / zoning as per the recommendations, then I think a lot of potential could be unlocked in the sector. I'm still thinking here about Tassal's third vertical (salmon, prawns, then seaweed??) - industry needs a better enabling environment. NAIF funding Humpty Doo Barramundi aint enough.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.