TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

UBS are back onboard Tassal with this update from yesterday.I...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    UBS are back onboard Tassal with this update from yesterday.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4077/4077995-0bf2ec0474bc7b2e8c085ec9236f68c0.jpg

I think you're right -- the current share price move feels like short-term noise / speculation about a good half yearly result. If it's solid, rather than exceptional, I expect it to drop again. I'll be looking for clues as to long term prospects for prawns rather than caring about how much the dividend is or how many tonnes of salmon were sold. Although hopefully the freezers are looking a bit emptier than they were six months ago!

In regards to the fresh De Costi prawns, I've bought them myself from Woolworths a couple of times over the past three months. They were called "prawn meat" and already shelled and prepared, ready-to-cook with no work required except for adding oil to the pan. They were clearly marked "Produce of Vietnam" on the MAP sticker (along with a small grammatical error which shouldn't have been there!). I think the picture you shared was a slightly different product, so perhaps that one isn't labelled with a country of origin.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.