TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

I think there are strengths in the business remaining on its...

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    I think there are strengths in the business remaining on its current course to 2030.

I dont think extra capital will help growth, its more about timing growth of prawns, and potentially growing salmon offshore is a fair way away i expect.

Current Salmon volume is a strength to us, its a good volume for us to supply both domestically and international, there was talk of 45kt at one stage, but i suspect they are focusing on 40k because they are being conscience of incremental costs. We can use that good cashflow from Salmon to diversify into other areas.

Prawns are ramping up, i dont think its constrained by cashflow, i think management are deliberate and cautious about incrementally growing volume to manage risks.

If its taken over by a larger company they benefit from geographic diversification of salmon, but i think there are minimal strategic benefits to them from expansion into other species, they want the salmon, but i doubt they consider themselves to be paying a premium for prawn growth.

There is a benefit to foreign owners in that the NOFF idiots will give up once the industry is completely foreign owned.

Actually it would probably be easy to spin off prawns as a separate business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.