" The core problem is the rate if immigration IMO"''Yes tradies...

1. 6,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284
    " The core problem is the rate if immigration IMO"

''Yes tradies would be sourced from the mainland with considerable numbers of 'visa workers'shifting one shortage to another.''
    I will assume 'visa workers' was not then, a perjorative term.

Perhaps I have mis-interprated .

But , as Scott has pointed out , at least 2 bits he suggested to partially restore some of the Libs mess.
    I don't think enough , but be fair , we are still in the hangover period from the previous regimes mismanagement and covid, despite your "As far as who started the FUp it is immaterial and moot." ,
    Labor has closed education loopholes , increased the focus on people who will plug holes in our skills shortages , increased the focus on tech and further education.
    I imagine Dutton and Co would have left the status quo , and stepped up the largely irrelevant boat/muslim/african hysteria.
    It is not immaterial and moot , if it is not recognised why we are where we are ,we will continue to be FUped.

What is a reasonable level of immigration ?
    The number needed to keep our population young and skilled enough so that we can continue to grow and maximise the benefits we can get from living in the Lucky Country.

That will probably end up being about 4%, but because of the mismanagement of the Libs , may need to be a tad lower for a couple of years to get demand factors under control. Humanitarian intakes , which aren't that big , do not need to be affected by this.
    Perhaps I am prejudiced , but I would like more focus on South East Asia , as there are both economic and geopolitical advantages in closer ties with this area.
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.