tassie real estate, page-6

1. 84,009 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    afternoon,

I live in Tassie - been here 5 years this time, first time I was here 8 years. Also lived in Qld, NSW, WA.

Tassie is one of the easiest places to make a buck in - at least for small timers - what I mean by small timers is people with wealth below say $50m.

Tassie's inexpensive/lower priced/cheap -- whatever you want to call it real estate is definitely NOT a barrier to making money.

what the pricing does do is put much real estate within the grasp of people fairly easily if they want it.

It is wise to work the market cycles if you have the patience - it is very easy to pick major cycles in Tassie.

One case - An aquaintance began buying houses in an old gold area not far from Launceston before one of the first home buyer schemes came in.
    He bought houses and land (on which he built cheap units) - for ridiculously cheap prices - some houses were $20,000 - everything from memory was under $50k.

this guy wasn't a cashed up RR driving person - he worked in a servo.

Those houses he rented to centrelink clients - he had the rent paid directly from centrelink into his rental accounts -- he NEVER had a missed rent. He always had a waiting client list.

Along came the first home owner scheme and these places skyrocketed in price - he cashed out of some and kept some - in short he made a huge amount of money from a very small outlay and not much effort.

Try that amount of leverage in Sydney or Melbourne.

Another acquaintance uses his very detailed in depth knowledge of title laws to turn cheap low to moderate return blocks of flats into individual units - a profit of over a million at a time is common for him.

Another acquaintance buys small supermarkets and shops - dresses them up and/or improves the business's and makes a hefty return - almost all the time.

Tassie is slow - things change at a snail's pace compared to the big city. It has imo a more? contented population - what I mean is there isn't as much get up and go here - perhaps because of less pressure, perhaps because of a solid convict background and a big bit of water between us and the rest of the globe -- but don't underestimate it for making money.
    It's a gem of a place.

It's also a dammed nice place to live - as long as you like landscape and aren't a desperate clubber.

Have a great day.

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.