SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Looking more closely at Tata, it seems that they work with other...

1. 2,504 Posts.
    Looking more closely at Tata, it seems that they work with other vendors - with an eye to take them over. Their focus is on improving business profit streams, it is critical. Tata is currently running at a loss, they are only investing in strategies that will provide immediate income streams; they are not toying with tech that will not deliver (which I initially thought actually). For me this is very comforting, Tata NEEDS sponsored data to work, and would not have spent money licensing something they could not see working. They will also act fast, considering Tata needs more income streams - they will be working hard to get Syntonic in action.

Pratibha K Advani, CEO Tata stated recently:

"So many a times, it may make sense to go and acquire both talent and platform from outside rather than try to invent it ourselves"

Advani, who joined Tata Communications from NIIT Technologies in May this year (2015), is helping the loss-making company drive a lot more efficiencies in the organisation under its strategy 2.0, which aims to create sustainable and profitable business streams.

The company is more focused towards data offerings than voice. All of its offerings today are under the data umbrella.

Advani said that 8 to 10 quarters back, a large part of the company's earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) actually came from voice — 60% voice and 40% data. Today, it's quite the opposite with almost 75% coming from data and the rest from voice.

Source:
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...nd-solutions-profile/articleshow/49459891.cms

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.