TTS 0.00% $4.45 tatts group limited

re: hergerr tattersalls value From sombobody who works in the...

1. 616 Posts.
    re: hergerr tattersalls value From sombobody who works in the industry I feel as I can have some qualified comment on this subject.
    Tatts and Tabcorp for that matter will get a license renwal from the Victorian Government for it's in the Government's own self interest that the licenses are granted and the tax money comes in. They have overseen Tatts for all this time and they don't have any compliance problems, probably even better now that they have floated.

The bigger questions are:
    1. Will more licenses be granted thus breaking up the duopoly of Tatts and Tabcorp? (Excluding Crown).
    Because there will not be any more poker machines brought in to the state than the current numbers so that will mean Tatts and Tabcorp will have their total number of machines amended to compensate any new entrant.
    2. How much will the licence be worth after consideration that the Victorian Government raised the Poker Machine levy from $1553 per machine to $3000 per machine this year. I can tell you that nobody budgeted for this increase this year as it was implimented without warning. What's to stop the government from increasing it further. I can tell you the operators are still peeved off about this.

So as you can see it's not if they get a license renewal, more like how much are the companies willing to tender given the somewhat diminished value of the licenses that could be on offer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TTS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.