BHP 2.04% $39.60 bhp group limited

tax debate, page-6

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    It is often not advantageous to keep oneself open to censure by making remarks such as "I'll try and keep it simple because I'm a fairly simple guy."

I can only agree with you. You seem to be a fairly simply guy. Such as assessment of yourself does not strengthen your argument at all.

I remember a lady I once knew. The last time I ever saw her (before I headed overseas for a few years), we were in the back of a taxi and she was dragging a drunk man (this one married) for the umpteenth time home with her to have sex with him. I gave her a sorry look and she said to me: "Do not look at me like that, I am just a simple girl".

Do you propose no taxation at all?

Do you propose all mining ventures be tax free?

Now let me reply to you using your own rationale?

1. Have you ever used a road or rail (paying a token amount) without doing a thing?

2. Have you ever used telephone or electricity or water or airport (before they were privatised) without doing a thing?

3. Do you expect to be able to rely on the police or armed forces without doing a thing?

4. Do you expect to be able to admitted to a govt hospital in an emergency without doing a thing?

5. Do you expect to be able to rescued by a helicopter in an emergency without doing a thing?

6. Do you expect your children's private education to be subsidised without doing a thing?

The list is endless.

Yes. I can only agree. You seem to be a fairly simply guy.

Good luck!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$39.60
Change
0.790(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $200.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$39.19 $39.87 $39.10 $371.9M 9.393M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 10101 $39.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$39.60 18075 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.