CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

There is potential that you will still receive something as a...

1. 177 Posts.
    There is potential that you will still receive something as a result of being a CMR share holder. Because you still hold something (of questionable value) the full extent of your capital loss or gain can not be established at this point in time.

There is a company to which you can relinquish your CMR holding. They charge a fee of approx $80. By doing this you can establish a capital loss and hence claim it in your tax return. I believe (not 100% sure) that the capital loss would be attributed to the financial year you relinquish your CMR holding. I can't remember the company but if you search back through the CMR forum to about May or June, somebody has posted the details.

If you proceed with this, you will not be entitled to any future benefit current shareholders may receive when all this mess is cleared up.

I chose to hold onto the hope that we will receive something by being shareholders. If not, I might try this avenue in future tax returns.

Note: This is my simplified understanding of the process. I am not 100% sure if this is correct. If you are unsure yourself, you should seek advice from a professional.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.