FGE 0.00% 91.5¢ forge group limited

tax losses on my dead investemet, page-24

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    ddzx is certainly right

if shareholders take a class action against FGE, if successful, it will probably end up like the OZL class action where: "OZ Minerals Ltd has agreed to pay $55.1 million, plus costs, to settle two class actions related to its alleged failure to disclose material information about its financial position."

because the legal fees will relate to the loss in value of your shares, if you are an investor, your legal fees will form part of the cost base of your shares and the benefit to you is they will increase your CGT loss

but, if you are an investor, you cannot deduct your legal fees from your normal income (such as from your employment income)

your legal fees will not be related to earning dividend income because any alleged failure of disclosure by FGE is related to the loss in value of the capital value of your shares

for example, if FGE continued to trade, it was not a given they would pay a dividend. therefore, you would be unable to connect your legal fees to your earning of dividend income to enable you to claim an income deduction for your legal fees

instead, if you are a CGT investor, you can only incorporate your legal fees into your CGT loss

phone your accountant & read my post to them

regards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.