FMG 1.23% $19.78 fortescue ltd

Tax on big 2 compliments supply slowing

1. 1,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 623
    I'm a believer the tax on BHP and RIO is good for local Aussie IO miners for the following reasons:
    1. The IO investment boom is over and we are now in a mining profit boom. It makes sense for WA to issue the tax now on the biggest multinationals. Its amusing that analysts have been crying the mining investment boom is over yet all of a sudden when this tax is directed at these two companies, its now potentially damaging for future investment. Cry me a river...
    2. Money in the coffers will put less stress on the Government to fire sale its own infrastructure which would only benefit multinational bidders. It's better in our hands for local industry such as Atlas who rely on local infrastructure, partnerships and local jobs.
    3. These majors have exhausted supply expansions (less than doom forecasts). IO supply growth will be limited from here on in. This tax will promote majors to start thinking about making healthier profits. Healthy profits back into Aussie shareholders hands and Australian government.
    4. This tax will help higher IO prices in the LT as it's all about making healthy profits now.
    5. From here on in foreigners who want to be a new IO player have little chance competing against companies already established in the Pilbura and it should be hard for them considering the sh#$ our local industry just survived through in the name of marketshare. Investors are better to back and invest into existing local companies such as FMG and AGO. Australian IO miners are world leaders in costs per tonne just behind the big two, newcomers will struggle to match such cost efficiencies regardless of a tax on the big two or not.

Cheers to taxing BHP and RIO.
    Last edited by asx_dude: 11/08/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.