GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Ok..I admit I have never really concerned myself with the CGT...

1. 262 Posts.
    Ok..I admit I have never really concerned myself with the CGT implications of selling bullion. Why?...because as long as it is not disclosable I won't.
    Bullion purchasing and sale does carry a fair amount of anonyminity with it and if it is in physical form and the Taxman does not know I own it and does not require me to disclose my identity upon selling it then thats fine by me.

Anyway this thread has piqued my curiosity and while their is a dearth of information on the Australian CGT implications for PM sales, I did manage to scrounge up this article fom the ATO regarding the GST component.

While slightly off topic it really does make for an interesting read with regard to certain definitions of investment or non investment grade forms of PM's.

With interest I note that the recent spate of TV advertising for people to sell their old gold jewellery may in fact be a way to avoid GST on the metal content...read in and on the following article from ATO.

http://law.ato.gov.au/atolaw/view.htm?docid=GST/GSTR200310/NAT/ATO/00001

Perhaps it will be just another feather in your cap to be aware of this, if nothing else.

HiHoSilver

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.