tax question

1. 338 Posts.
    Hey people just need a bit of feed back about my accountants hefty invoice.
    I have just completed my tax return and been charged $2750 for their services.
    That is for my individual return consisting of 2 group certificates, a managed fund and the sale of 1 investment property (plus usual deductions)
    Also 1 for my missus who doesn't work but they just needed to lodge one for her to keep her records up cos next year she will be making a good profit from the sale of some shares (provided they don't turn around big time)and distributions from family trust.
    And 1 family trust in its first year that holds 3 investment units that have been renovated during the financial year (with many receipts but was all set out in a spread sheet). I had everything sorted out ready for him to go. I knew it was a little bit of a hassle, and first of all they were going to charge me 4 grand for there services until I went right off (I am 25 and was my first year with them so they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes) They then said it was their "mistake" and the new charge would now be $2750. I know the info is still very vague and their is lots of variables but I think this is over the top considering it was just by a private practice in a smaller community

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.