$$$$$$$,I work in the mining industry, as an experienced...

1. 53 Posts.
    $$$$$$$,
    I work in the mining industry, as an experienced professional in this industry I earn a very high wage, North of 300K PA.

BUT, I have to work away, I miss important time with my family etc etc etc. That's my choice and I love the work.

The Company pays for my clothes, laundry service, flights to and from where I live and the mine, taxi vouchers to and from the airport, all meals on site, boots, glasses, PPE - you name it, even the pens and paper are provided.
    I also get a blackberry, a subsidy on my home internet account and to top it off I get free health care, life insurance and income protection.
    We get free counselling for ourselves and our family if we need it, and they even have a health & lifestyle coordinator on site that assists you with diet, excercise etc to keep oneself healthy.
    There's a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, walking trails and bike trails on site. And your room is cleaned and linen changed twice a week. And free foxtel & movie channels as well.

So maybe I shouldn't complain at all!!!!!

But it irks me the amount of tax I pay as an individual for my labour, when capital gains and company taxes are treated differently.
    It seems to me the taxation system is slewed towards speculation and non-productive paper gains when it should be slewed, or at least neutral, towards personal effort and hard work.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.