I hope thisis of some interest. I am constantly surprised at how...

1. 58,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310

I hope thisis of some interest. I am constantly surprised at how little interest peoplepay to how their taxes are spent.!! Lines to the segments are a bit hard tosee.!

In the mostrecent budget, Australian workers contributed 45% of all the revenue collected.

Australiancompanies contributed less than half of what workers did, 21%, including thetaxes gas companies pay to sell Australian gas abroad.

And thefastest-growing part of the revenue pie is income tax.

IndependentMP Allegra Spender [Carla Zampatti’s daughter] has made tax reform a personalmission since arriving in parliament last year.

She saidthe income tax challenge is pretty clear, but is being met with frustratinglylittle urgency.

“Twentyyears ago, we had 6 and a half people who were working for every person whowasn’t working” she said.

“At themoment, we got about 4 people who are working for every person who isn’tworking.

In 20years’ time, we are going to have around 2 and a half people who are workingfor every person who’s not working!

So wecan’t just completely rely on these workers to continue to bail the rest of thecountry out”

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5250/5250421-64db6f603bd72690d880580f4b1a3ef7.jpg

A

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.