BLR 0.00% 0.2¢ black range minerals limited

FedExpress this is also worth reading when evaluating mc. It may...

1. 2,496 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    FedExpress this is also worth reading when evaluating mc. It may explain why the co's you mentioned are valued so lowly
    "StockInterview: What will be the key to a successful U.S. ISR operation?
    David Miller: The key to ISR will be permeability, grade, thickness, and depth – pretty much in that order. With low or no permeability the deposit will need to be conventionally mined. A high permeability, low or medium grade deposit at less than 1000 feet will be a very attractive operation. After you have a certain volume of uranium to justify the capital costs of an operation, I would rather have good permeability and low grade than low permeability and high grade, if I am going to use ISR as my recovery technique. Of course with conventional mining I will take the highest grades we can get.

StockInterview: How large would a uranium deposit have to be to justify the conventional mining method? David Miller: Near-surface, open-pittable deposits could be as small as a few hundred thousand pounds to be economic if a mill is nearby. To justify a new mill, for example in New Mexico, a critical mass of about 50 million pounds of uranium is needed. Grades can vary greatly. If the deposit is shallow and mined by open pit, with a mill nearby, then grades could be as low as 0.05 percent U3O8. With a 1500 to 2000-foot underground mine, grades above 0.20 percent may be required. StockInterview: How many U.S. uranium deposits do you suspect can be economically mined using conventional methods for less than $65/pound? "

I believe ISR is roughly one tenth the cost of set up.
    10million as opposed to many 100's of millions not including costs of infrastructure.
    I use these figures as a guide for myself so seek expert advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.