Taylor vs Dutton - Is the spill on ?, page-95

1. 83,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''David Crowe last night made the inference that Dutton was planning on losing this election as he isn't ready with his nuclear and migration policies, or any other policies for that matter.''

I used to think that some smart pollies would give up the idea of trying to win their next election and gear up for the one following

but, I'm afraid that I was wrong --------- that's way too much of a thinking forward idea for them ------- and that would also involve them believing that they would survive as leaders (or even members) after defeat in their next election

I'm sorry - I was wrong - I gave them way too much respect for vision - in fact, they can't think much beyond next week.

Dutton hasn't come up with much bar some 'great big ideas' - with 'absolutely zip details'

for one reason ---------- he hasn't got much ---------- only his 'Duddo's great big ideas'

almost every detail one can think of in Dutto's great big nuke idea - falls flat on it's arse under the slightest shining of a dull spotlight

every single argument point can be shot down in flames -------- barring that when nukes are running that they are low emission.

the time to prepare for building
    the building time
    the cost
    who will bear the cost
    the location decisions
    the saving on transmission line cost by using existing coal sites
    (Dudd conveniently misses that the lines are so old they have to be replaced anyway)
    the potential risk of the whole idea being overturned in the meantime -

ie. imagine - a 'reasonable' build time - say 20 years - it's probably going to be about 26 years by the time we prepare people to do the job --------- but, let's say 20 years

let's say even 10 years from here --------------- ok - we commit to nuclear.

and inside the next 10 years - somewhere in the world - there's a nuke meltdown and a catastrophe -

in the light of that -------- could we see a population and a government saying - 'bugger that - we don't want the bloody dangerous things now ---------- forget it, write it off - let's go to something else'

now the risks in the next 10 years as other nations have collectively - there's getting on to about 500 nuclear power stations on the planet right now and more coming

what are the chances of a nuke accident at one of them in the next decade? - 2 decades?

reasonable I would think ---- particularly in the light of a lack of nuke trained people everywhere - maintenance stretched -------- WAR - with idiots shooting things at nuke stations -

imagine - here we are with Bill and Ted from Walkabout Creek building our nuke power plant and all of a sudden - there's a melt down -------------- do we think Ozzies would or would not say 'hang on Bill and Ted - wait up there, we might rethink this'

Every single point bar emissions in Duddo's great big nuke idea -------- is a dud

falls over in questioning -------------- if it didn't and was obvious - Duddo would have the details already

Dudds nuke idea is like Dudds 'I'll have another referendum' idea ------- all bullshit

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.