ERG 0.00% 0.9¢ eneco refresh ltd

Don't want to sound pedantic, but it's Rob TOPFER. Was a...

1. 208 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    Don't want to sound pedantic, but it's Rob TOPFER. Was a director of ERG in 2002, came on board as part of a B&B loan facility arrangement.

They wouldn't still be sniffing around if they didn't think there was a dollar in it...same goes for the Millionaire Factory...however, if the poo hits the fan, and a new tender is issued, rest assured Mac Bank, B&B, EDI and Thales will be pushing hard to win a piece of the action, but it leaves a couple of enormous issues to deal with - firstly the DEFINITE legal action which would be commenced by ERG, and secondly, as mentioned in the news article today, unless the NSW govt simplifies it's fare structures, to reach the point ERG is now at would take 5 years. Then, who takes over the infrastructure replacement? What happens with the current machines already in place. Does the govt think they can take away the ERG contract, yet still keep them on as advisers to the winning contractor should it all fall apart?

My take on this is still (see previous post), that Watkins will 'reluctantly' acquiesce and the govt will have to realise that the best option is a simplified distance-based fare system. I really don't believe he has any real idea of how involved this mess is, largely due to the stubborn politics of the dealmakers in NSW. Watkins has no technical background, and his advisers are more concerned with covering their backsides than getting the job done. As usual, idiots dictating terms on a system they know nothing about. I expect Zealand will shortly be replaced, as Iemma and Watkins need to serve up somebody's head on a platter to appease the people.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ERG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.