KAR 0.66% $1.90 karoon energy ltd

I guess the big question now is, 'are we there yet' or r we...

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    I guess the big question now is, 'are we there yet' or r we still spinning the 'Top Drive' on the TOL !!

Last week's depth was 5123m & we were short by 177m to the prognosed TD of 5300m. This could b a record for a deep well in the Browse. The closest well is Caswell which had to b sidetracked in the block to the right to 5000m (now taken up by STO-CVX-InPX) & then of course Barcoo-1 which was drilled to 5109m in 1980.

So the questions I'd like answered would b, as under:

- Have we reached TD or yet to?
    - What do the WL log suite indicate?
    - More importantly, does the MDT indicate sufficient pressure as was indicated at P#1?
    - Does this pressure correlate with P#1's 4 data points or better?
    - Is the reservoir connected to P#1 & ib which direction is the fluid flow towards? (updip/downdip)
    - How thick is the gross:net sand column?
    - More imp. how permeable/porous are these sands?
    - Is this gas wet (heavy)? Is yes, what's the C:G Ratio?
    - How many sandy intervals have been encountered?
    - What depth did we get the Plovers & deeper triassic reservoir aka Triple play (alongwith the Montara) since this could b a very unique occurence?
    - Any chance of conducting a flowtest & repeating the ususal, 'flow rates were limited by equipment constraints' cliche?

Lastly, do we have another monster gas column & another monster discovery in the Browse next doors to Woodside?

WPL discoverd Scott Reef in 1971 & 38 years & numerous wells later, their reserves are 13.8 tcf plus 370 mmbbls Condensate, we know INpex/Total, did this in less then 6 yrs (since 2003) for their Ichthys field with 12.8 tcf + 527 mmbbls Condensate .

Will KAR break yet another record for reserves & the shear size & timeframe (under a year)!! We dont know, we just have to wait for the answers. That should put a closure to the P#2 chapter, for now!!

Just keep the faith, folks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.90
Change
0.013(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $1.525B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.90 $1.91 $1.88 $6.707M 3.532M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 77970 $1.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.91 118646 40
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.