OPL 0.00% 1.8¢ opyl limited

@RO8 you’ll find that there’s no shortage of tech at work in O&G...

1. 5,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3267
    @RO8 you’ll find that there’s no shortage of tech at work in O&G these days, that said O&G has nothing to do with the shimmer I see on the water here.

The MediaConsent solution proposes to solve a somewhat new problem with a reasonably well structured solution. The concept that we should own our own data and have the right to decide who can use it appeals to me and likely anyone with a online presence. The idea that marketers will pay for this data is tried and tested, a new method of engaging that data which allows the advertisers to ethically engage which should appeal in today’s society where we see more and more focus on ethics in consumerism. So in a nut shell I think the business case is sound enough to be adopted.

In terms of management, they talk a good game and have enough experience and the right networks to build a platform and customer base which in time will be profitable.

In terms of shareholders and structure there’s no doubt that the proven record of some of the heavy hitters on the register appeals. The low starting point offers attractive upside should delivery meet expectations.

While I can’t say for sure that delivery will meet expectations the requisite pieces of the puzzle to date suggest that we have pretty solid odds. Over the next months we should expect to see the platform launched as a pilot program with customer onboarding and platform refinement. This honeymoon phase is likely to create a buzz as some known names uptake the platform which often in tech stocks draws in the blue sky market thinking. This is the phase where I’ve seen a lot of comparable tech plays revalue considerably ($100m plus), at times well beyond genuine value without delivery on revenue. As such it’s during this period that I would generally derisk.

In summary I think SRO have the right ingredients to run very well on early newsflow and a chance of actually being the real deal that can go on to create a genuinely profitable business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.