ADV 3.85% 13.5¢ ardiden ltd

Tech analysis, page-21

1. 1,907 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 772
    Hi Tezjm,
    Thanks for the information, learnt something new, so I started to research and found a comment on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc–bromine_battery)

The technology sounds great as it ever lasting but there are two fundamental flaw that I needs to sort out before considering buying:
    • The need to be fully discharged every few days to prevent zinc dendrites that can puncture the separator
    • The need every 1-4 cycles to short the terminals across a low impedance shunt while running the electrolyte pump, to fully remove zinc from battery plates

Discharging the power in the battery for maintenance sounds like a real big negative for me. This is because I want to run my house off grid and discharing the power I just saved from solar means I am not being as efficient compared to current batteries in the market.

I need to know the effects when the Zinc Brimine battery needs to short the terminals every 1-4 cycles, but this is only a concern.

What I really need to understand is the feasibility between the power loss every few days from Zinc Bromine batteries compared to buying a new lithium or lead battery every 10 years that can maintains full charge.

Thanks again for the info, and with your comment

"I believe that was an indication that lithium is verging on being made redundant by newer technologies now that could be up and running in 10 years (or less). "

We still needs something now and until that happens, Lithium Ion battery looks great in the current market and ADV looks even better with expandable jumbo graphite and potential Lithium.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
0.005(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $8.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.5¢ 13.0¢ $718 5.403K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 624 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 148374 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.32pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.