I thought I put out this case study of BIQ's proof of concept to...

1. 20,526 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1957
    I thought I put out this case study of BIQ's proof of concept to illustrate that it took 6 months to get traction and even then the deal is not that large. So if I were looking at the potential of a tech microcap's commercial model, I would want to know how long it takes to close a deal and how big a revenue it can land. What issues BIQ face , BUD likewise faces as they target the same space. Longer buy-in for traction means revenues wont be landing over several quarters. FGO and YOJ have also long proof of concept time with customers but their deals are $1-2 m at best.

Case Study – proof of concept
    Hospital cuts operational costs by A$54,000 annually utilising the BuildingIQ Platform.
    In 2016, the St. John of God Murdoch Hospital in Perth, which operates more than 500 beds andprovides comprehensive medical services to nearly 50,000 patients per year, invited BuildingIQ totest and evaluate the potential of the 5i Platform to improve the facility’s energy strategy

A six-month proof of concept was agreed.
    BuildingIQ committed to saving the
    hospital 5% of total energy based on
    optimising 80% of the space in 6 months.
    The staged approach that led to savings
    being delivered by BuildingIQ included
    monitoring the energy performance data
    and the responsiveness of the building
    management system, providing advice on
    power surges and the recommended plant
    tuning requirements and the phased
    optimisation of the building.
    Despite only managing half of the 38,450-sqm. hospital, BuildingIQ’s services reduced the facility’s projected HVAC energy consumption by 10 percent and its overall projected energy consumptionby 5 percent. The reductions translated to net savings per month of approximately $4,500. The savings are expected to grow over the remaining years of the initial contract.The hospital is part of St. John of God Health Care, a leading not-for-profit health care group serving Australia, New Zealand, and the wider Asia-Pacific region. The success of the strategy in this hospital can be easily scaled and replicated among other St John of God Health Care properties,with our platform serving as a central portal for operational information.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.