Anecdotal evidence belies that researcher's thesis,...

1. 13,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    Anecdotal evidence belies that researcher's thesis, notwithstanding there are some fantastic technical based traders around that i'd trust a portion of my wealth with.

Over the last 10-15 years, I've watched TA become all the vogue and yet i see so few successful practitioners around who made their fortunes solely (or predominately) from that art (as opposed to already having wealth and dabbling, without truly having their balls on the line).

That to me suggests that there's a very low success rate and most don't have the discipline to carryout the biz plan. Most don't even treat their trading like a biz, which is half the problem.

On the other hand, i've known and advised plenty of wealthy people of very modest intelligence, who were able to master the essence of Value/GARP investing and increase their wealth very significantly.

Honestly don't think it's worth trying to argue which method is best; simply a matter of recognising one's individual strengths and weaknesses and which method (or combination of methods) is most likely to put the odds in your favour against the market.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.