COB 14.7% 8.6¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

Technical explanation of how a "tree shake" occurs

1. 9 Posts.
    Hi all,

Given the absolute pounding the share price got today there have been some people asserting that "bots" and "instos" have been "tree shaking" and triggering stop losses. I am new to the game so am looking to increase my level of technical understanding around how this process actually works. Often posters will reference this as a fact, yet never explain how the process works.

Often posters will assert that "instos" are trying to accumulate a particularly stock at lower prices and hence driving the price down. However, I can't wrap my head around how this would be possible without them actually selling the share that they actually want to accumulate, hence shooting themselves in the foot -i.e. not accumulating at all?

Can someone provide a link to a video or an explanation that gives a detailed analysis about how what is actually occurring in this process?

I know i must be missing something pretty basic here, but i am keen to learn so i can get a better understanding of the process.

Thanks,

Econ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.011(14.7%)
Mkt cap ! $36.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.6¢ 8.8¢ 7.5¢ $92.62K 1.121M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 348755 8.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.6¢ 42021 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.