Here is a very small section of what I posted awhile back on...

1. 516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5

Here is a very small section of what I posted awhile back on trading for a living make of it what you wish.

The object of the exercise is to stay in the game rather than sit on the sideline. Know your instrument. It’s all very well to purchase a product that scans to certain criteria given, yet how many people really understand what has been given to them in scans and more importantly how to act upon it. For instance twelve stocks may have been given to you, when exactly do you enter the trade and when do you exit ? Which trade provides a good risk reward ? Understanding the process is important. Many traders will try and look for the perfect indicator. There is simply no perfect set of indicators.

Most indicators attempt to smooth price out in order to make it clearer. From my perspective I want as much information as I can possibly read, without that it's like reading a book that's had every second word removed. You may get some understanding, but you'll never get the whole story!!All indicators are lagging, as they are derived from historical data. the degree of the lag being determined by the parameters in the set up of the indicator. PRICE ACTION is also important. David Vassallo is a good one to look at in this regard. Levels are also important . In equities I mainly trade /invest ASX 300. I occasionally pop in here to discuss a speccy that’s all. This thread just caught my eye by sheer chance.

In closing learn to understand risk and more importantly how to manage it correctly. Every trader has his /her own style. The only constant in the market is risk. IF YOU FAIL TO PREPARE, BE PREPARED TO FAIL !!!!. There is perhaps more to be said , nevertheless I sincerely hope this has given you a small insight of what to expect.

Indicators are a start, learn to look beyond them as well. Good luck in your journey !

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.