LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

Technical, page-1055

1. 7,451 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    Funny you can pick dates and make any thing true but lets look at some other facts.

I suggested BHP because of its dividend and low multiples in December as a hedge.
    ON Jan 3 it was 58.52. By early APR it had run up to 77 + a gain of about a third. At that time I said it was going to fast. I suggested maybe selling which I did not do. I did sell some covered calls. Raising about USD 5.00 a share. Figured if I was called still realy happy. since April it is down as you say. Closed Friday at 65.85 Still up YTD over 12 %. If I include the sold calls up 20 % +. Lynas is YTD 11.31 Jan 3 and 9.01 to day down 17%.
    If you want to use Early APRIL lets use APR 4 which is a multiyear high for Lynas and other green stocks
    Lynas ID H 11.59 today 901 - 20 %
    BHP ID H 79.00 today 65.85 + 16% Lynas down 36% more than BHP
    S&P 500 ID H 4583 to day 4123 -10% Lynas down 10% more than S&P
    ASX 200 ID H 7536 to day 7205 - 4% Lynas down 16% more than ASX

So look at a little more data and explain what your comment on BHP is meant to tell us.

You say "Correction around May" Not sure what that means but everything I read says the bottom of this will be mid 2023. Are you prepared for that even if it only has a 50% chance of happening. There are ways to be prepared no mater which happens. The only thing you cannot be prepared for is something you firmly believe will not happen.

To be prepared for something that can go opposite ways is easy you prepare for the worse. You developed a plan for worse case and have lots of flags if it may not be true..

Not sure why you picked BHP of the 4 traditional miners I picked in December, it is doing the best so far. They are all up YTD and all have fallen recently but BHP is doing the BEST. In fact they are all performing better than I expected. I expected flat to up a little but good dividends all are up a lot. One has raised dividend. if this is deep they may all go down a little but not much because of strong basics behind them unlike Lynas. Things like Book V to MCap being 1 or less. Lynas is 8.13 B / 1.2B < 6
    A agreed with everything Said I just see a large shift going forward. Do you have anything at all to show me where I am wrong?

You say nothing about why I may be wrong now. I do not know about you but because I do things I make mistakes every day. Disqualifying anybody because of past mistake does not make sense. Its long term performance that counts. I have been investing for 55 years. I retired at 55 and live on my investments. They are 75% more than when I retired.

Lynas management sold Stock a few years ago at about 1/3 of todays price Diluting all share holders. They have yet to use the money. Are you going to say they are no good for selling when they did? They think, like me, the price was high at the time which it was by all traditional metrics. I grossly misestimated the power of the optimism behind green stocks. I should have understood it after seeing the DOT COM optimism. Lynas has had great operational performance which is often pointed out on this BRD. Many do not seem to realize how much green stock optimism helped the SP as well as Operational performance. operational Performance improvement will be great. But when Green optimism turns to pessimism it will have a big negative effect. it is already changing but slowly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.40
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.47 $6.48 $6.34 $20.28M 3.161M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12848 $6.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.40 17965 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.