LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

i disagree. this speed hump was caused by a group of...

1. 1,531 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    i disagree. this speed hump was caused by a group of opportunistic manipulators using rare earth insider info to try and make a motza. if you know anything about china then they were looking at a minimum of 10 yeats jail if they didnt comply. they dumped when china was in lock down. i can see a return to over $100 when market returns to normal supply/demand. LYC is in the box seat and no hedge fund supporting HC poster is going to talk me out of my shares, infact I am buying yours

from mining.com Building more mines? The devil is in the details

We weren’t paying attention when China cornered the rare earths market back in 2010 and were also blind to the Chinese locking up global supplies & processing capabilities for nickel, cobalt, graphite and lithium. About 85% of the world’s neodymium is concentrated in a few Chinese mines, and most of the world’s cobalt production comes from the politically unstable Democratic Republic of Congo. The lion’s share of palladium, used in catalytic converters, and nickel, a crucial ingredient of electric-vehicle batteries and stainless steel — is mined in Russia, which is subject to Western sanctions after invading Ukraine.

These are just a few ways to illustrate the United States’ near-total subservience to foreign critical metal suppliers.

It’s hard to imagine the US being able to fulfill the Biden administration’s new clean energy agenda without either a significant increase in critical metal imports that frankly may not be possible in current market conditions, i.e., the hostility between the United States and Russia and China, or executing a home-grown strategy to explore for and mine them in North America.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.