LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

BEOT?

1. 7,451 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    Yes and no it is hard for me as a US citizen working for US companies to know for sure. It causes most contracts to be substantially US $. Yes much to China's displeasure US $ is still used in most of international Contracts. REE shipped to Japan has multiple currencies involved. Lyas is in AU and they want to protect cash flow. Lamp which is most of the expense for REEO is in Malaysia and Lynas does not want that expense to hurt them and will give up some profit for protection. Japan is in a very completive situation for their magnets. So I am sure they want both China and Japan included. US is the world standard and may still be the biggest market of Magnets. Every body wants them included. So the contract has complicated formulas for adjusting price probably once a Q as all of these currencies change as well as price of REE. This info is usually very tightly held by both companies. I am sure the US $ is in the contract. I would not argue with anyone that said it was only 10 % or 60%. It all depends what companies think is going to happen at time of contract. and what they want to protect against. there is usually a clause that allows either company can re negotiate in the tone of the original contract if any thing happens that is considered extreme. IE a deep recession or WAR.

FYI JPY has dropped far more than AUD and the C yen is falling as well. Mater of fact USD is the fastest rising major currency in the world and that has many of its own problems for US.
    BEOT?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.