LYC 0.22% $6.96 lynas rare earths limited

Technical, page-2627

1. 5,801 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Why - thank you for those kind words

And yes - I have become cynical about TA (and the markets in general). That's a combination of the tech developments, as mentioned, and me getting older (but not sure about the "wiser" bit).

As mentioned in my rant, I do still check the charts every day. I've maintained my subscription to my data service, and still use Amibroker. I really do try and see all those old patterns, signs, indicators, etc. I look for them, I really do. But then I do that thing that so many TA people forget to do - I zoom out and look at the longer term charts - and get disappointed that I can't see things resolving much at all in the way that they used to. I do spot the occasional well-defined pattern, or a really good double MACD/price divergence - but they almost never amount to anything over time.

So yes - I have become cynical and skeptical all rolled into one. Whereas I used to trade frequently, sometimes multiple times in one day for one stock, or medium term by trading the weekly trends and patterns - now, I just hold onto my investments, accumulate based on my rudimentary FA, and leave my superannuation fund managers to look after the majority of my savings in their fund, not in my SMSF.

Again, thank you for the kind words. It sure has been a long time. I only come out of the shadows to post pretty rarely nowadays, so to hear from someone who has been here almost as long as I have is a bit of a buzz. Can't recall exactly when I joined HC, but it would be well over 20 years ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.96
Change
0.015(0.22%)
Mkt cap ! $6.486B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.95 $6.97 $6.88 $2.083M 300.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 3915 $6.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.96 5776 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.39am 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.