LYC 0.50% $5.95 lynas rare earths limited

My first fav of your as-usual intelligent contribution:"I am...

1. 6,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 998
    My first fav of your as-usual intelligent contribution:
    "I am hearing of new technologies and processes that are going to change RE processing as an industry ..." Totally agree, SX is here to stay for the LREEs LaCeNdPr. As an active chemist with germane experience, it will be many years to never before it is replaced. More likely imho is a bulk upgrade to process recoveries and recycling metrics that actually improves SX environmental AND COP at the same time. We might see tweaks to the process but the process is robust and pleasantly tweakable. The scaling challenge I also recently mentioned as well, the expense, it's all about the math and logic: SX has much to offer and has a long and happy future.

However - with respect to the MREE and HREE challenges, there is imho a distinct possibility of a zeolite-like process mimicking solar success or another approach altogether including SMB with functionalized chelates yada-yada that might be able solve these lower-scaled processes which are more difficult than LREE SX. SX gets more expensive as elemental differences decrease.

Second fav:
    "that new investors are beginning to recognize the potential of Lynas."
    100% agree that the investor stampede is growing - I think the ups and downs of volume are difficult to accord much value, and Lynas has not seen extreme volume increase AT ALL (certainly not like you see below). Investor interest in proxy REMX etf has grown significantly as the 5-year chart below shows. In my opinion REMX represents the first stop for a growing new pool of Lynas investors; same with LIT, btw. In this case, I buy a bit of both etfs plus also follow the money to the upside holdings. That's my kind of diversity - otherwise I would have just a bunch more Lynas and that's not as much fun. The bets I place are with money I've taken from Lynas, hoping to do better than the money I continue to build on Lynas. I have to say I am a few percent short of a pure Lynas portfolio performance YTD, though not TTM.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3858/3858570-516d852eaaac5cca9dc73f085ccdd974.jpg

Last edited by Chemist1959: 03/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.95
Change
-0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.561B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.96 $6.00 $5.93 $10.85M 1.822M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 19331 $5.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.96 32024 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.