LYC 1.30% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

Technical, page-727

1. 6,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1036
    There is no timeline to 100% LAMP ops.

Amanda basically said "asap" but there are challenges and considerations:
    The first is safety; not enough workers or potentially not enough workers to operate. I do not expect any further raise to current ops until virus situation is clarified completely.
    The second challenge is where to put the byproducts until the PDF is available; they have largely filled their current site and I suspect they are not so unhappy running at 75% because it does help delay that very inauspicious moment. Recent PDF-related kerfuffle from the opposition caused my heart pressure to rise because they allege political wrongdoing and I dislike intensely any political risk to operations. Important to note that this challenge will be ameliorated by KAL.
    The third is the shipping issues, also virus-related, and that may well take a year.
    The fourth is that they may well be using this time to reconfigure a portion of the LAMP that impacts its ability to operate at 100%.

Personally do not expect a return to "100% operations" (as defined by past) until KAL ops are up and the KAL-LAMP relationship/throughput is re-established at NEXT levels of "~150%" and ~10 ktpa NdPr which I expect will be reached in the next 18 months, though not before 12.

July 2023 is the date by which Lynas will be feeding LAMP entirely from KAL. I expect the feeds to LAMP from Mt Weld to phase out as KAL phases in, but that's just a guess how they might handle the project. One big reason I hang around here to see and hear the latest from those closer to the ops.

Admiral Amanda executes.
    Last edited by Chemist1959: 03/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.17 $15.83M 2.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18985 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.25 53073 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.