IDC 0.00% 0.0¢ indochine mining limited

technicals & fundamentals

1. 1,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9254
    Hey all.

Am a new IDC holder and back on HC for first time since the dotcom boom, so apologies for any rustiness and misgivings.

Me spend lots of time studying Aussie PM stocks and recently discovered IDC. So thought I'd share my thoughts here.

Technicals:
    Well...same as the rest of the PM plays that currently make up the XGD/Aussie sector, bl...y awful ATM! BTW, the XGD is holding up exceptionally well today (a little too well IMO as the XGD/HUI ratio is now VVHigh & so wouldn't be suprised to see another large drop on the XGD any day now, especially if Gold does not rise (IMO only)

Re: IDC, unless it's another fundy I'm not aware of, it looks like that our serial insto from HK mentioned on previous posts has come back to haunt us today. Wonder how much more ammo do they have in their sell gun? Two moderately large sell orders came through earlier today (together over 1.5mil traded), which was enough to jolt the share price back a cent. Irrelevant in the scheme of things but in the short term it's pressuring the $0.099-$0.10 mark which is so far holding up, so stupidly perhaps I bought some more :-)
    The risk now is down to $0.095 and then potentially blue ocean beyond unfort. However IMO a potential game changing reversal in the short term lies with WRC announcement expected soon. Get ready for some volatile days ahead IMO.

Also, further raising of capital in the past has mostly been by private placement and has had little impact on the SP, at least on the day of the announcement. BUT... the past does not equal the present as we know & in this market you can never be 100% certain, especially if $GOLD breaks below long term support.

Fundamentals:
    A couple of things I'd like to share that I haven't seen mentioned in previous posts recently (or at all?).

1. This stock has HUGE upside potential medium/long term and possibly short term IMO. Yep, it's all been said here before but liking the fact that a couple of QUALITY instos appear to agree in a major way....unlike many of the juniors I could name but won't. Good luck to them BTW. Cash will always be avail. IF the discoveries are worthwhile.

2. CEO Steve bought 1mil at $0.11 on the 5th October LY. Prior to that he held 825K for achieving performance hurdles back in April 2011. I did read a post that says he has no direct interest in IDC but that's obviously not true, and the fact that he increased his already reasonable holding spells confidence in the project IMO

2. IDC acquired Mt.Kare / Summit Development Ltd for $27m cash + 68m shares in IDC. Interestingly, Summit are a PNG based family, so it's good to see that locals still hold a significant part of our investment (especially when dealing with landowners and govt. one would think).

3. Some trivia. Although under $100m, my own research shows IDC ranks in The Top 40 pure PM plays by m.cap listed on the ASX. In a list I have of over 120 PM stocks, many will soon disappear IMO.

Others thoughts always appreciated. Just don't hammer me too much if you don't concur :-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IDC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.