RNO 0.00% 4.0¢ rhinomed limited

While I jumped on this last Friday and think the technicals are...

1. 749 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    While I jumped on this last Friday and think the technicals are priming for another run imminently.... I have to question the long-term viability of this stock.

A few concerns:

1. I haven't seen one cyclist at the TDU wearing a Turbine. A photo opportunity with Cadel Evans signing a shirt at the Turbine stall may be good publicity but it is no way an endorsement from Cadel Evans for the Turbine.

2. Competitors. Do a google search for 'nasal dilators'. There are literally hundreds online that do essentially the same thing and are aimed at nasal congestion, snoring and sleep apnea markets. Sure, the Turbine might look a little better but by no means are they the first company to come up with this sort of device. The Turbine is manufactured in China. I think it would be very easy for look-a-likes to jump in here.

3. Breathe Right. Yes this was a major deal from GSK but if you look at the numbers, I don't think it was a hugely profitable deal for GSK in the end. The patent expired July 2013 and with the flood of other 'nasal dilators' on the market, I'm not sure another big player will be willing to pay such an amount for a dilator device again.

4. Management track record. Not a lot of success? Seems to be a trail of unsuccessful medical 'gimmicks' from this company previously

I wouldn't be surprised if RNO ran to 7.5/-8c tomorrow or early next week based on the chart alone. I just think there should be some caution for long-term holders citing some of the points above. I think they have a very good marketing team and strategy but just wonder if the punters are going to see through this 'spin' for what the Turbine really is - a piece of plastic that opens up your nostrils for which there are already so many imitators out there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.