RNO 0.00% 4.0¢ rhinomed limited

LOL sorry Steini. I was just getting a bit jittery this morning...

1. 749 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    LOL sorry Steini. I was just getting a bit jittery this morning when it looked a bit sick and decided to look more into it.

You all make valid points. I think the amateur cycling market is huge. I know here in Melbourne, the MAMILs (Mature Age Men in Lycra) in Brighton love buying all the latest gadgets for their bikes even if in reality they're not actually going any faster.

Re: The sleep apnea market - I think it may have uses for you Sweetmate or others who are looking for a solution before they approach their GP.

Ultimately CPAP is the best device for obstructive sleep apnea and there is a large evidence base to support this. (See Resmed RMD for CPAP)

Proven alternatives to CPAP are mandibular splints. See Somnomed (SOM). While they're not as effective as CPAP they still provide some benefit and are preferred by patients (and their partners) compared with noisy CPAP devices.

The problem with nasal devices for obstructive sleep apnea is that it doesn't stop the airway for relaxing and ultimate collapsing. Positive pressure devices like CPAP and the mandibular splints do prevent this. The other thing with nasal devices is that as soon as you open your mouth you lose the airway dilation benefit in the nose. The best the nasal device can offer is an adjunct to CPAP therapy IMHO and the company did allude to this in a previous presentation.

Nevertheless, RNO is hot right now. As a technical trader I think most holders are about to come into some quick money. As a health professional and experienced biotech trader I'm not confident in the long term story though I may be completely underestimating the amateur sport market who are happy to 'trial' anything

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.