SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Technicals, your call., page-39

1. 11,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 379
    Many thanks @researchandwin . Lots of good points here.

As a TA rookie (and someone who doesn't intend trading on a TA-basis anytime soon but is very interested in learning and grasping the fundamentals of TA), what I will perhaps find hardest to do is stake the amount of capital required/risked to make the 10% (i.e. you have to stake $10k to make a $1k gain). Sure, you have stop losses for managing risk but it is still a big ask for a typical retail investor. This is probably why many lose money following TA signals as well.

About the 10% on $1000 73 times point, it does break the goal of achieving the magic 7-figures down in a relate-able and deceptively simple way. Assuming we take that modus operandi on face value, the only issue, again, is that you have to commit increasingly large amounts of capital per trade to achieve that goal.

Psychologically, this risk/reward barrier needs to be overcome and it can be done by increasing your accuracy as you have very rightly suggested.

Out of curiosity, what platform do you trade on and what tools do you use for your TA? Do you do this "full-time", or do you have a day job as well? I ask as sometime who works full-time in the corporate world
    Last edited by thunderhead1: 03/12/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.