technology - the true terminator

1. 2,846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 309
    As we sit back fat, dumb, and happy the fingers of technology stealthily and relentlessly intrude further and further into our lives.

Most people appear to embrace technology in all forms, but there is an insidious aspect to the unbridled implementation of technology.

The following article shows what's on the immediate horizon for some sectors of the workforce - you might say so what, it's only affecting the less skilled and it can never hurt me - but if you pause for a second you'll realise that creeping technological intrusions can affect anyone's situation once the relevant technology is available.
    It's exactly like the Nazi persecution of certain social groups: First they came for the Jews, but I wasn't a Jew so it didn't concern me. Then they came for homosexuals, but I wasn't a homosexual so it didn't concern me.... until... they did come for me.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-17/end-of-checkout-dire-future-for-those-without-right-skills/11874054

I've said it before and i'll say it again: Technology is a pursuit which, if left unregulated, eventually eats its own children.

There is of course good technology so it's not a case of wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater. But there are going to have to be guidelines about the introduction of technology versus the effects of its implementation would create.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.