Teeth, language and racial origins, page-78

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "It is that hunger and caring for meaning that damns humans to hell.

the obsession with I and self and meaning becomes one of powerlessness and power, submission and independence and life and hate or indifference. "

Thanks for the contribution, I tagged you in a post to waffle which may cover some of your above points.

"It occurs to me however that meditation may have different meanings and intent for different people. "

No question about that and the aspects you mention are pretty common.

Unfortunately "meditation" is one of those words like "love", "God", "higher", "spiritual", "Sufism", Buddhism, "guru", Zen, Christianity, etc etc etc, which can mean just about anything.

Understanding what the person means and their actual practice requires quite some personal exchange even though limited to words.
    Otherwise, as we do on HC it is only "generic" type observations.

In general, such questions as waffle and I were discussing are quite limited unless the idea that Man is a unique animal (on Earth). Not just because of the additional complex "intellectual" function, but because he is made "in the image of God".
    With "feet on the ground and head in Heaven".
    In other words, unlike all other higher animals, Man has two natures which are natural "adversaries".

The intentional interaction between these opposites give other possibilities.
    In a similar way that the "resistance" of weights and exercises in a Gym can grow muscles and fitness to produce a different person.
    So, not a question of one nature overcoming the other, but the intentional struggle between each to produce a third aspect.

Some religions, including Christianity recognize these dual natures but think it is a question of power and destroying the other side.
    In Christianity, this has been greatly influenced by Church "Fathers" and "Elders" with sexual problems and no idea how to incorporate their natural animal needs into what they regard as a worthy Spiritual" life.
    All it really does is produce un-natural aberrations.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.