RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

Telehealth on the rise, page-26

1. 2,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 497
    another informative post from Red.

Have been looking through various searches, google and others, about increase of telehealth, especially in the USA

One common thread that i do believe is extremely significant, is the number of connections between telehealth and telemedicine - it appears that the two seem to be 'joined at the hip' in many of the articles i came across.

When you go back over the announcements in the past year, there were mentions of CVS and Walmart, both massive pharmacies, who would evidently be very keen to get into this space.

So TK has advised that if the price is right, Resapp may be sold: so who are the potential suitors?

Obviously the large Pharmacies will be clambering over each other to get their hands on ResApp : it would not only create new revenue for them..ie the diagnostic tool in their stores, but also a massive market share in telemedicie on the back of the diagnoses.

The health funds, again massive multi billion $ entities, to reduce their costs (whilst no doubt still increasing premiums) would be very attractive

Government entities: this is an interesting one. If the cost to the American Government (ie through medicaid) were to be substantially reduced, there is a slim possibility that some form of the resapp model could even constitute 'in the national interest', even if a prospective suitor was a pseudo-government entity.

Pharmaceutical companies

Again the tie up with telemedicine will have these guys looking at Resapp very closely, and again it's all about market share.

Software / Hardware players

Less likely, but Intel, Apple and Microsoft are looking at this space, and whilst not 'core business' - there is a potential that this may not be so in the future, especially if any of these guys want to start to develop a whole suite of teleheath/telemedicine products.

So realistically there are suitors from 5 differing disciplines/spaces, i cannot think or any product in history that can boast the same.

It must also be realized that each of these different sectors have widely differing financial models, ranging from conservative to speculative; and thus will also have a differing means of valuation of ResApp.

WHEN the trial results are out, WHEN FDA approval (which will be a formality based on good results) - then the positioning of these suitors will start, as they will not only be looking at the diagnostic capability but also the (far more lucrative) telemedicine space.

This gals and guys will be the Auction that Ends all Auctions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.