Subconcious, memory, influence and very few positive vibes........

1. 31 Posts.
    Subconcious, memory, influence and very few positive vibes..... not to mention fantasy land and shallow content

The absolute puerile offerings served up by commercial television in 'news' which offers 'breaking news' on how pensioners and seniors can save costs' as a overly colourful 'grab' is disgraceful in the opinion of this 'bady boomer'.

The absolute urgency in 'news speak' by commercial channel news presenter duo's who reinforce the sensationalism of both tragic accidents and trivia makes me puke. Where is the serious, even toned non opiniated delivery of presenters like Sir Eric Pearce (showing my age) or some of the ABC's state newsreaders who are very even in their delivery and do not seem to have personal 'agendas' unlike the ABC royalty like Jones and Sales to name but a few.

The after news timeslots are full of the 'dumbing down' shows pitting consestant v consestant and their abrasive personalities with vindictive 'drama queens' who reflect??? modern Australia's appetite for the evening watch, make me want to puke. Then add the 'Housewives of... for the full nausea experience. And don't start me on the ad breaks.

So it's Auntie for me but I am selective about what I watch. Give me a Luther, Vera and Broadchurch and any similar shows from the UK for my drama show 'jollies'.

But, just to show there is a bit of bogan in me, I enjoy Gogglebox.

It's little wonder people now stream shows.

It's time commercial television in Australia took a good hard look at itself... they may all be following channel 10 down the gurgler.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.