STX 12.0% 28.0¢ strike energy limited

Tell me about JAWS, page-4

1. 1,832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 482
    Why no hype, well a lot of us have gotten old trying to prove PEL96! A lot of us have participated in the past in CRs for PEL96 (I did) and unfortunately got zilch out of it. A lot of those retail and sophis investors are still on the registry.
    So burn out I would say is one very big reason for no excitement and activity.
    However all that said.... I'm excited,... BUT, at this point of time especially looking at the history of it, it is more of a gamble! Basically betting on red or black on the roulette table!

Why?... because the physics at play 2 and a bit kilometres underground starts to change the stresses and load all around the place as we get closer and go past 215 psi. And we won't know if rocks can hold up and just let the gas out until we let it run for an extended amount at time close-to/at/or-below 215psi with kilometres of earth above it. These are the deepest attempt of CSG in the country, not sure about the world.
    Try and imagine the above and add this to the picture in chronological order,
    1. the coal rocks are wet,
    2. we are pumpin out the water,
    3. pressure is dropping,
    4. they are basically getting less wet and drying up,
    5. then gas starts to desorb from the the coal rocks,
    6. cavities are filling up with gas in decreasing pressure (escaping vial well)
    7. the cavities used to share static load when they were pressurised with water,
    8. now basically bugger all sharing of load in desorption window pressure range in cavities.
    9. coal rocks need to cater for new static load/stress/pressure mostly compression, less tensile (I would think, I'm not a geo) wherever adjoining surface or contiguous rock.
    10. Wherever cavities/fractures are, there is potential tensile/compression fatigue/failure.

To mitigate point 10, do things slowly-slowly like setting/drying wet concrete.
    It would tell us after some time that the coals are stable and holding up; and we get ever increasing rates of gas!

Note, I'm not a geo. Please be gentle if you decide to correct the above as I'm happy to be corrected.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.030(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $801.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 28.3¢ 24.5¢ $7.221M 26.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 293004 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 820079 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.