DUO 0.00% 0.9¢ dourado resources limited

Tell us... who is Telus?

1. 4,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1128
    Firstly may I start by saying, I am Canadian and being from British Columbia (the birthplace of Zyber) and having an IT background (in the past working directly with Telus and with Telus partners) I can not stress enough how huge the customer validation of Zyber by the company Telus truly is.

You could easily compare Telus with Telstra in their market saturation and household recognizability.

TELUS

So what is this possible connection?

Zyber's Investor Presentation noted that Customer Validation included Telus, which leads me to believe that Telus may be interested in jumping on board with Zyber as a client due to their recent directions with Telus Health(a division of Telus) and their potential need for cloud based secure storage solution (Zyber).

Since 2000, TELUS has invested more than $1 billion in our world-class healthcare information technology to tackle the challenges facing our healthcare system. Our goal at TELUS Health is to drive a shift from the remediation of disease to its prevention by leveraging technology to:

Telus Health Recent Acquisitions
    TELUS Health Solutions announced the acquisition of Wolf Medical Systems. This acquisition will create a new line of business within TELUS Health Solutions called TELUS Physician Solutions.
    TELUS has selected Wolf based on its people, technology, and a shared vision of how information, communications and technology (ICT) can transform healthcare for Canadians.

Wolf Medical Systems is Canada's largest and fastest-growing cloud-based EMR provider. Since 2010, over 11 million patient visits have been documented by physicians using Wolf EMR. On a typical day, physicians using the system see more than 26,000 patients, prescribe 23,000 medications and review 166,000 lab results. Now, access to EMRs can be further expanded by combining Wolf's hosted, cloud-based technology with TELUS' secure, wireless and wireline broadband communications networks.

What does this all mean?
    This is all speculation but in my opinion Telus are looking at security solutions as their Health branch moves towards the Cloud Based storage of Medical records and the very fact that Zyber (our little DUO gem) has been given validation by them indicates there must be some interest there.

If Telus were to sign on with Zyber that would be company changing, it would not only demonstrate the competence of the Zyber team, but also the confidence in the product and bolster their market reputation and lead to many more potential contracts.

All IMO DYOR YOLO!
    Last edited by stotes: 07/10/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DUO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.