You may enjoy Facebook, a private company, knowing everything...

1. 1,894 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    You may enjoy Facebook, a private company, knowing everything about you, your children, what you like to eat, your social circle, when you went to hospital, your political opinions, etc but I don’t. If you don’t care about your privacy then go ahead. You buy a packet of cigarettes and there are warnings everywhere. Facebook is not obliged to warn you that they own all your personal information. You aren’t just sharing it. You are giving it away. They say that explicitly. They effectively own your life history.
    I know other companies do it too, which is why I always only ever provide fake information if asked.

Facebook didn’t invent social networking. It was always done in person or via the phone, etc. Facebook is great at making people feel that they are connected to others. At a distance though. It’s easy to ‘communicate’ with people online. No one actually knows what sort of person you are. It’s much harder to do that in person, where being great on a keyboard can’t compensate for having an appalling personality.

If you want Zuckerberg to own you then continue on your merry way. I’m sure you would be the first to complain about anyone invading your privacy though.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.