BTU 0.00% 15.0¢ bathurst resources limited

telling the story in the media

1. 2,919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    An extract from an NZ Resources

Bathurst chief makes his perceptions known to NZ media
    Ross Louthean — 29 February 2012

"•An Australian underground mining contractor has been engaged to begin development of an underground mine on Coalbrookdale -- acquired by the company last year that was already permited. The target is to be producing coal this year, ramping up initially to about 200,000 tonnes per annum.
    •Mining at the Cascade mine in the Buller coalfield is being ramped up 100% from its previous operating rate of 50,000 tpa, and half the new production will be for export. Output at this stage was about 85,000 tpa annualised."

For the full article go to

http://nzresources.com/showarticle.aspx?id=3021&gid=30003021

and from stuff.co.nz

Modern miner shares sustainability aims

Hamish Bohannan

"Though Bathurst is internationally owned, all of its operations are in New Zealand and the bulk of its revenue will stay here. In addition, a sixth of the company's shareholders are based in New Zealand - despite being in a sector that is still recovering from tragedy.

Our operations on Denniston will provide more than 400 new jobs on the West Coast, about $41 million in wages and $60m in royalties and taxes, each year. "

For the full article go to

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/comment/6302687/Modern-miner-shares-sustainability-aims

The second article is also on the bathurst website. The reason I posted the Stuff.Co version and for that matter both articles in the main, is that it shows that along with doing the positive PR thing; this process will also bring the knockers out of the woods (refer to the associated comments). That said Hamish is now going on the offensive by publicly stating the companies commitment to the environment; Which IMO must now be done. Shareholders should be prepared for a rampup in the environmental backlash.

When the mud is flying we should constantly remind ourselves that this is COKING coal of the highest quality. And despite some suggetions that we could Harvest trees to replace its use or leave it in the hole. There is currently no more siuitable or efficient alternative to produce the steel the modern world needs

Viney

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.