TLS 0.52% $3.86 telstra group limited

telstra faces critical vote in senate

1. 253 Posts.
    Legislation to empower the national broadband network (NBN) and to implement extensive changes to Telstra was due to be introduced in the Senate in the next two weeks.

The Federal government has now taken this off the agenda for next week, but it will be on the agenda over 4 days of the following week, the last week of Senate sittings.
    Senator Stephen Conroy, the relevant minister, is attending a United Nations conference at Sharm El Sheikh from November 15 to 18, but will come back determined to push the legislation through.

Other than the Federal Opposition, strong opposition should come from Senator Fielding, also Greens Senator Scott Ludlum, with Senator Xenophon a possible.

Against those we have other interests, especially Optus, as it ramps up its Lobbying for the proposed changes to maximum…..

Optus chief executive Paul O'Sullivan says, “the NBN is a terrific opportunity not only for us, but for all the players in telecoms to finally get a chance to compete on a level playing field in the residential home market. We've been willing to commit to investing in an NBN ... and show how this can be a good investment."

He also says no decision has been made within parent Singapore Telecommunications Ltd to float the Australian subsidiary (Optus) as a separate company.

Comment…

My Christmas Wish, along with thousands more, I’m sure, is to have this Thing deferred until next year –then to just waste away.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.86
Change
-0.020(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $44.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.86 $3.87 $3.84 $58.46M 15.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 68399 $3.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.87 76368 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.