TLS 2.60% $3.75 telstra group limited

Telstra is in a yield sweet spot, page-76

1. 2,988 Posts.
    I think we all know that Vodafone's line that they want to offer competition to people in the bush is rubbish, country subscribers would cost them roaming fees. What they want is to sell more plans to city subscribers who think they might want to visit the bush but hardly ever do. They'd be trying to avoid taking actual country based customers that might actually cost them roaming fees! As such Telstra would benefit little in revenue but lose subscribers and lose all incentive to invest in the bush which has always been a loss-making exercise whose value is in their increased attractiveness to city customers.

ACCC knows that and have alluded to it in the past decisions. Telstra and Optus knows that and have stated it repeatedly. The pollies know that and you & I know that. Vodafone knows that privately though are sticking to their nonsense justification publicly.

Any pollie that would fall for Vodafone's nonsense would be seen as pretty dumb and accused of deserting the bush in favour of a foreign multinational. I don't see it happening.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.75
Change
0.095(2.60%)
Mkt cap ! $43.04B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.73 $3.75 $3.71 $37.70M 10.10M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 66125 $3.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.75 995155 131
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.02pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.