TLS 1.09% $3.62 telstra group limited

If ever there`s an expanding business in this current financial...

1. 916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    If ever there`s an expanding business in this current financial world, it has to be mobile phones, ipads, [use of Apps is like a spreading disease], computers and internet enabled tv`s, worldwide business comunications,
    downloading video`s, films and music , all enabled by the internet and mobile wireless & fixed line communication networks. All this is a technology explosion growing like a plague daily.
    And as far as mobile phone & wireless & internet networks goes my opinion Telstra is the best. Most recently some members of my family holidayed at Pambula NSW having 3 mobile phones. Two on optus and one using telstra. The only one i could contact was the telstra network. i hear the same story all over the place.
    Everywhere i go, i see people are using mobile phones & ipads like kids with toys, they are glued to and mesmerised by them. Even driving while risking using phones.
    My daughter and her children talk to each other on mobile phones from the kitchen to the bedroom, in a large house.
    Her daughters will not even switch phones off while watching movies.
    The other day i seen two aboriginal kids on scooters in the woolworths plaza at Narooma NSW using mobile phones.
    A week earlier i seen two young girls running up bluewater drive talking to each other on mobile phones.
    All this makes me think Thodey is doing the right thing, spending $400 million to grow 4G instead of giving it to shareholders like me in the way of higher dividends or a special dividend. it would have been nice now but the future can be bigger.
    Ive always thought its better for a company to spend its cash on growth to make the company more profitable and in turn the share price will grow which will reward the shareholders that way.
    Then after that growth, there maybe even bigger dividends.
    So i think its better to suffer a bit of short term pain now in exchange for longer term gain in the future.
    In the mean time shareholders get better interest than money in the bank, and we wont be scuttled by a disaster in the mining sector where china controls our future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
-0.040(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.68 $3.61 $73.49M 20.25M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 211809 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 336517 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.